Bridge to Terabithia
Cite This Page
Leslie Burke Timeline and Summary
- Leslie moves to Lark Creek with her parents and introduces herself to Jess, who doesn't want to be friends.
- At school, she shows up dressed all wrong and doesn't fit in. She gets to run in the race, even though she's a girl, and smokes all the boys. She gets embarrassed in class when she accidentally reveals her family doesn't have a TV.
- Jess opens up and they become friends. They create the magical world of Terabithia.
- Leslie has the great idea of writing a fake love letter to embarrass Janice Avery when she steals May Belle's Twinkies.
- For Christmas, Leslie gets Jess art supplies and loves the puppy he gives her. She's thrilled to help her dad fix up their new house.
- Later that year, Leslie is convinced by Jess to comfort Janice when she seems unhappy.
- During rainstorms, it becomes harder to go to Terabithia.
- At Easter, Leslie is curious about church and goes with Jess's family. After the service, she wonders about the idea of going to hell after dying.
- One day when Jess isn't around, Leslie tries to cross the bridge to Terabithia by herself. But the rope breaks, and she hits her head when she falls into the creek, and drowns.