The Brothers Karamazov
The Brothers Karamazov Book 10, Chapter 3 Summary
- Kolya steps out onto the market square and whistles for Smurov, a boy a couple years younger than him. Together they head through the square to visit Ilyusha.
- It seems that since the rock throwing incident, Ilyusha has taken seriously ill. Moreover, he keeps calling for a dog named Zhuchka, which no one has been able to find. Since the incident, his classmates have started visiting him regularly, along with Alyosha Karamazov.
- Although Ilyusha has dearly wanted to see Kolya, Kolya has refused to visit him for the entire month until now.
- As the two boys cross the square, Kolya baits the peasants who are out selling their wares.
- Finally they arrive at Ilyusha's, but Kolya asks Smurov to go in and ask Alyosha to meet him outside
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...