The Butter Battle Book Lines 1-8 Summary
A Tragedy Framed
- The story begins on what seems like a pretty peaceful day.
- It's the end of summer in Seussville, and a grandfatherly Yook—we'll call him Grandpa—takes his grandson to the Wall.
- The Wall? Sounds ominous, right?
- We quickly see that this isn't going to be a pleasant stroll, and the Wall isn't there just for show.
- It's huge. It dominates the landscape, towering above the young Yook, Grandpa, and even the houses.
- Standing by the Wall, Grandpa gets to storytelling, "with a very sad shake of his very old head" (7-8).
- This isn't looking good.
- We don't have the whole story yet, but we're pretty sure Grandpa isn't very happy about the Wall.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...