The Butter Battle Book
The Butter Battle Book Lines 182-204 Summary
All's Well that Ends...How?
- And that's Grandpa's story.
- At Line 182, we re-enter the frame that began in the first section, and we're back in present time.
- For some reason, the young Yook didn't go to the shelter. Grandpa finds him on the way to the wall, and instead of getting on his grandson's case, he says, "perhaps this is all for the better, somehow. / You will see me make history!" (186-87).
- Oh, are we about to get a good show? Grandpa thinks so.
- Tensions are high as they get to the Wall.
- Grandpa jumps up onto the Wall and screams, "Here's the end of that terrible town / full of Zooks who eat bread with the butter side down!" (193)
- Grandpa's ready to kill all the Zooks with his bomb, when all of the sudden...
- VanItch is back.
- And guess what? He has his own Big-Boy Boomeroo. And, yes, he's there to kill all the Yooks.
- And that's about where the story ends. The young Zook asks, "Who's going to drop it? / Will you...? Or will he...?" (201-02)
- Dr. Seuss leaves us hanging.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...