The Butter Battle Book Lines 30-43 Summary
Yook on Patrol
- Hold on to your hats, it's a time warp. Grandpa's story takes us back in time to his earliest patrols of the Wall. They're pretty uneventful.
- Like any good patriot, bored with patrol, Gramps takes some action.
- The wall is shorter and he can still see the Zooks on the other side.
- Up and down he walks, carrying a spiky branch, whacking any Zooks that approach the wall.
- In the drawing, two Zooks look over the wall at a very serious, threatening looking Grandpa. He's one tough character. Not someone we'd want to mess with.
- Here at the beginning of the arms race, Grandpa explains that his threat was enough, his "country was safe" (40). Looks like simple weapons were enough at that point.
- But, as we all know, the threat of violence isn't quite the same as peace.
- Enter a Zook named VanItch. Like Grandpa, VanItch has the same angry scowl.
- He responds to the threat by shooting Grandpa's Snickberry Switch with a slingshot.
- Here we go.
- Grandpa isn't going to stand for that.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...