The Call of the Wild
François Timeline and Summary
- François is Perrault’s associate and "twice as swarthy."
- François recognizes that Buck learns quickly.
- It becomes apparent that François is subordinate to Perrault, deferring to his knowledge.
- François goads Buck on when he attacks Spitz for stealing his bed in the snow.
- He and Perrault have to try to save their team and camp from the wild dogs.
- François sacrifices his own shoes to make moccasins for Buck.
- François has to kill Dolly with an axe when she goes mad. (Dolly = dog, by the way.)
- François declares that Buck will someday kill Spitz.
- He and Perrault fight with Buck when, once Spitz is dead, Buck wants to be leader.
- François is ecstatic with Buck’s leadership abilities.
- When the men part ways with the dogs at Skaguay, François hugs Buck.