The Call of the Wild
by Jack London
Perrault Timeline and Summary
- Perrault immediately recognizes Buck’s value and buys him.
- Perrault leads the team of dogs into the North, obtaining more dogs as he goes.
- Perrault starts to come across as the smarter of the human pair, the natural leader.
- He and François try to save their team and camp from the wild dogs.
- Perrault shows fearlessness as a "government courier," leading the team forward.
- When they almost fall after rim ice breaks, Perrault saves them by scaling the side of the cliff.
- He and François fight with Buck because, once Spitz is dead, Buck wants to be lead dog.
- Perrault commands François to give in and let Buck be the leader.
- The men part ways with Buck at Skaguay.