The Call of the Wild
by Jack London
Spitz (a dog) Timeline and Summary
- Spitz, "a big, snow-white fellow," steals from Buck.
- Spitz laughs at Curly’s violent death, precipitating some hatred from Buck.
- Spitz fights with both Billee and Joe.
- He leads the team, both literally in the traces and otherwise.
- He begins a rivalry with Buck, stealing his sleeping spot in the snow and fighting with him.
- When the camp is attacked by outside dogs, Spitz takes advantage of the opportunity to attack Buck.
- He goes after Buck again when Buck is vulnerable (having just run from a dog-gone-mad).
- After a rabbit chase, Spitz and Buck fight. Buck wins.