Cunégonde Timeline and Summary
- Cunégonde grows up in the castle of the Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh. She and Candide share an innocent kiss.
- Cunégonde is raped and disemboweled by Bulgar soldiers. Her parents are both killed in the attack.
- A captain seizes Cunégonde as his servant for three months and then sells her to a Jewish businessman. The businessman shares her services with the same Inquisitor who ordered the execution of Pangloss and flogging of Candide.
- Cunégonde attends the post-earthquake execution and sees Candide and Pangloss.
- The Old Woman cares for Candide and reunites him with Cunégonde.
- After Candide kills Isaachar and the Baron, Cunégonde, Candide, and the Old Woman escape to an inn.
- After their riches are stolen, Cunégonde, Candide, and the Old Woman travel to Buenos Aires.
- Cunégonde is propositioned by the Governor of the colony and she agrees to marry him.
- Cunégonde is finally reunited with Candide in Turkey. Cacambo reveals that he purchased her freedom, but that through a long series of unfortunate events, they each ended up in servitude.
- Candide purchases Cunégonde’s freedom.
- Cunégonde loses her beauty.
- Cunégonde and Candide marry, but neither is particularly happy. They work in their garden.