by John Steinbeck
Cannery Row Chapter 18 Summary
- Doc gets to La Jolla late at night. He sleeps in his car.
- The next morning, octopus-collecting goes great, and he gets everything he needs.
- As he's about to pack up, he notices something in the water. It's a girl's body, though all he can see is her beautiful face.
- Doc hears awesome, creepy music in his head as he sits on the rocks thinking about the girl's face.
- He's seriously having some kind of intense experience over this dead girl.
- A man comes over to ask him what's the matter. Doc tells him about the body and asks him to report it to the police, even offering him the money he'd get for reporting it.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...