Cannery Row Chapter 20 Summary
- Mack and the boys arrive home triumphant in a truck filled with a thousand frogs.
- Lee agrees to Mack's bright idea to use the frogs as currency until Doc gets back from his trip and they can redeem them for cash.
- The boys break the bank on decorations and supplies for Doc's surprise party. They decorate his lab and put the giant box of frogs in the middle of the living room.
- The party gets started before Doc gets back from his trip and everyone parties like it's 1999. It gets rowdy by the end and Doc's lab is nearly destroyed and all the frogs get out.
- Minor problem: Doc hasn't returned from his trip yet.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search