The Canon and Canon's Yeoman Timeline and Summary
- After the Second Nun's Tale, the Canon and his Yeoman appear, riding hard toward the pilgrims.
- When they arrive, the Canon asks for permission to join the company and receives it, conditional on his ability to tell a merry tale.
- When the Host asks what the Canon is or does, the Yeoman begins explaining that the two practice alchemy, albeit unsuccessfully.
- The Canon becomes angry when he hears the Yeoman divulging his secrets, and leaves the group of pilgrims in a huff.
- The Yeoman describes how the success of the alchemical endeavor continues to elude him, while its promise forever entices him.
- The Canon's Yeoman tells the 22nd tale.
Previous Page: The Pardoner