The Canterbury Tales: General Prologue & Frame Story
Cite This Page
The Friar Timeline and Summary
- The Friar's is the sixth portrait in the General Prologue.
- The Friar glares at the Summoner in his Prologue.
- In his Prologue, he praises the Wife of Bath's preaching, but tells her the pilgrims should engage in light tale-telling, rather than heavy theological debate.
- The Friar insults summoners in his Prologue, causing the Summoner to promise to "quite" him when he tells his tale.
- The Friar's is the seventh tale.