Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching The Cask of AmontilladoTeacher Pass
Teaching The Cask of AmontilladoTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. What has Fortunato done to the narrator, and what does the narrator swear there will be payback for?
2. What does the narrator feel he has to do?
3. When the narrator is smiling at Fortunato, what is he imagining?
4. What is Fortunato's weak point?
5. How is Fortunato dressed when the narrator meets up with him?
6. What does the narrator surprise Fortunato with and use to lure him with him back to his home?
7. Why isn't anyone at the narrator's house when he and Fortunato get there?
8. What does the narrator do to Fortunato?
9. Who finds out about what the narrator did to Fortunato?
10. What is the narrator's name?
Answers1. Fortunato has hurt the narrator a thousand times, but when he almost insults the narrator the narrator swears there will be payback.
2. He feels he must make Fortunato pay, and he feels he must also get away with making him pay.
3. He is imaging himself destroying Fortunato.
4. His love of wine is his weak point.
5. He is dressed like a jester.
6. A bottle of Amontillado
7. The narrator has given everyone the night off to go celebrate Carnival.
8. The narrator chains him up and bricks him inside a wall.
9. No one ever finds out, which we know because the narrator is telling this story 50 years after it happened.
CORRESPONDING LEARNING GUIDE