The Cat in the Hat
The Cat in the Hat Lines 1-22 Summary
Boring Is As Boring Does
- It's a dark and stormy night…
- Well, not really, but it is cold and rainy. It just happens to be daytime.
- The narrator (a young boy) and his sister, Sally, are watching the rain from a window.
- We can tell from the illustration that these kids are pretty ordinary looking: you know, black-and-white with receding hairlines and no elbows.
- As you can imagine, they are super bored from all that sitting.
- If only they had something to do…