The Cat in the Hat
by Dr. Seuss
The Cat in the Hat Lines 111-130 Summary
Gravity Prevails (Temporarily)
- Ouch. The Cat falls on his head and everything falls—including the fish.
- Don't worry, the fish falls into the teapot, so he's safe.
- Safe, yes. Happy, no. We can tell by his yelling. He doesn't think this is "a good game" (68). (Party pooper.)
- Now our Cat looks dismayed, for once, as the fish rants and raves about what a big mess the Cat has made.
- The fish is particularly adamant about the inappropriateness of the Cat's presence while the mother is away.
- In no uncertain terms, the fish tells the cat to beat it.