The Cat in the Hat
by Dr. Seuss
The Cat in the Hat Lines 143-159 Summary
- Kids and fish watch as the Cat leaves… and then comes right back. This time, he has a huge red box made of wood.
- Standing on the box, the Cat introduces phase two of Project Fun.
- The game, of course, is called "FUN-IN-A-BOX" (154).
- Apparently, the box contains "two things" (158).
- We can see by the look on the kids' and the fish's faces that the suspense is killing them.
- What are these mysterious things of which the cat speaks? We need to know!