The Cat in the Hat Lines 160-176 Summary
They Won't Bite
- Childhood just wouldn't be complete without Thing One and Thing Two, which the Cat releases from the box.
- To our relief, the Cat reassures the kids and the fish: "These Things will not bite you./ They want to have fun" (165).
- The creatures are identical and about the size of the boy and Sally. They have white faces and necks, and bushy, blue hairdos. Quite a look.
- Ever so fashionable, they sport full-body red PJs, each with a large white circle on the chest. Inside the circles are their names: Thing One and Thing Two. That seems to be the only way to tell them apart.
- Happy and smiling, the Things run out of the box and straight for Sally and her brother.
- All they want to do is shake hands, it seems. So the boy shakes hands with Thing One and the girl shakes hands with Thing Two.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...