The Cat in the Hat
by Dr. Seuss
The Cat in the Hat Lines 192-217 Summary
Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!
- The only thing Shmoop likes more than giant cats and paper hand fans is flying kites in the house.
- Lucky for all of us, this is also one of Thing One and Thing Two's favorite games.
- The fish isn't a fan—he's afraid of the mess factor. But the Things are already flying the kites by the time the fish can object.
- Now we get a slight change of scene as the Things fly down the hallway, approaching the stairs. On their way, they knock pictures off the walls and overturn a vase on a table.
- Sally and her brother watch them go—we're pretty sure they're as stunned as we are. And to top it off, Sally's dress gets caught on a kite string.
- Uh oh.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...