Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching The Catcher in the RyeTeacher Pass
Teaching The Catcher in the RyeTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. Where is the narrator’s brother?
2. The narrator is manager of which team?
3. Why is the narrator leaving school?
4. Whom does he visit at the end of the chapter?
5. What is the narrator’s name?
6. What type of people does the narrator hate?
7. When the narrator describes leaving school, what type of place does he imply he is in now? In other words, where do you think he is telling the story from?
Answers1. In Hollywood – as a writer
3. He flunked out
4. Mr. Spencer – his history teacher
7. Holden makes references that imply he is now living in a mental institution.