by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire Questions
- If you were called upon to return to the Quarter Quell as a tribute, what would you do?
- Suppose you, like Katniss, were stuck in a love triangle between Gale and Peeta. Which character would you pick as a romantic partner, and why?
- Early on in the book, Katniss makes an interesting observation: "I realize the answer to who I am lies in that handful of poisonous fruit. If I held them out to save Peeta because I knew I would be shunned if I came back without him, then I am despicable. If I held them out because I loved him, I am still self-centered, although forgivable. But if I held them out to defy the Capitol, I am someone of worth. The trouble is, I don't know exactly what was going on inside me at that moment" (8.87). Which of these motives do you think best describes who Katniss is?
- Say you were fighting in the Games. What would your strategy be? How would you try to survive?
- Do you think the world of Panem resembles 21st century American society? Why or why not?
- Which character in Catching Fire meets the worst fate? The best? How would you support that idea?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...