by Kurt Vonnegut
Cat's Cradle Chapter 112 Summary
Newt's Mother Reticule
- Angela went to decorate the Christmas tree while Frank and Newt looked for something the dog could eat.
- Seeing spilled water on the floor, Newt mopped it up with a dishrag and then threw the rag on the counter. It landed in a pan of ice-nine.
- Newt picked up the dishrag and noticed it felt like the gold mesh of his mother's reticule.
- He did what any normal person would do in that situation and let the dog lick it.
- When he went to tell his father about the stiff dog, he "found out that his father was stiff, too" (112.13)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...