by Kurt Vonnegut
Cat's Cradle Chapter 117 Summary
- The tornadoes wreak the land, and the Crosbys identify themselves as Americans…in hopes the tornadoes are, too?
- But John can't see the Crosbys. Only Mona is with him, and together they slip into the anteroom of "Papa's" suite and down the oubliette.
- Inside, they find that "Papa" was nice enough to retrofit the place as a bomb shelter, which were all the rage back in the fifties.
- They've got everything they'll need to survive: water purifier, radio, Sears catalog, candles, and twenty years of National Geographic.
- It's a comfy setup given the apocalypse and whatnot.
- John heats up some soup and welcomes Mona to their new home.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...