Cat's Cradle Chapter 12 Summary
End of the World Delight
- An older bartender joins in their conversation with his own account of where he was when they dropped the bomb.
- Turns out, he right there in the Cape Cod Room. Only it was called the Navajo Tepee then and the décor matched such a name.
- Anyway, a guy comes in demanding a drink on account of that it was the end of the world.
- The old bartender pours a half-pint of crème de menthe into a hollow coconut with whipped cream and a cherry on top.
- Yeah, it would pretty much have to be the end of the world to drink something like that.
- Then another guy comes in saying he quit his job at the Research Laboratory because he didn't want to help politicians win their wars.
- The man's name was Breed, son of the Research Laboratory's boss.