Cat's Cradle Chapter 120 Summary
To Whom It May Concern
- John and Mona walk the hellish landscape. After a mile, they see neither a living nor a dead person. John wonders where all the dead people are. After all, there should be at least a lot of dead people.
- As they come to the base of Mount McCabe, Mona leaves his side to peek over a ridge.
- John follows her. In the bowl beneath the ridge, he sees thousands of dead San Lorenzans, men, women, and children, all with ice-nine frosting at their lips. He's found his dead people.
- On a boulder, they find a message. It says that the people captured a holy man and demanded he tell them what to do. He said that "God was surly trying to kill them" and "that they should have the good manners to die" (120.16). They seemed to have taken his advice.
- The message is signed by Bokonon.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search