by Kurt Vonnegut
Cat's Cradle Chapter 124 Summary
Frank's Ant Farm
- As Hazel finishes her flag, she forms the idea that John should plant the thing on Mount McCabe.
- To get out of discussing the matter, John goes to talk with Frank.
- Frank has taken to studying an ant farm.
- Seems the ants survived the ice-nine apocalypse by curling up into big ant balls around ice-nine and melting it into water. What about all those ants that died in the ball? They're still fresh enough to eat, of course. Yay, survival.
- John tries to talk to Frank, but Frank gives him a lecture on what people can learn from the ants. Cooperation is tops on that list.
- Frank also wants to know who taught the ants to make water. John gives him a silly answer, but Frank says he's done with silly answers.
- He's grown up a lot since the end of the world.
- John points out that the death of the human race sure has done wonders for Frank's social problems.
- Frank continues to question who taught the ants to make water. John decides he'd rather talk with Newt.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...