by Kurt Vonnegut
Cat's Cradle Chapter 17 Summary
The Girl Pool
- Dr. Breed and John find Breed's secretary, one Naomi Faust, standing on the desk to put up Christmas decorations.
- Breed warns her not to fall off and ruin the fatal accident record of six months. Naomi just laughs that Christmas angels will catch her.
- The decorations read "Peace on Earth" and "Good Will Toward Men." A classic Christmas set up.
- Naomi informs Breed that she remembered the chocolate bars. She tells John that every year the Girl Pool—the typing bureau for the laboratory—sang Christmas carols around the laboratory. Dr. Breed always gives them a chocolate bar.
- He says they serve science, too. Even if they don't understand a word of it.
- Excuse us while we scrub the sexism off of our hands.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...