Cat's Cradle Chapter 2 Summary
Nice, Nice Very Nice
- Wow, a whole chapter dedicated to giving information on the karass.
- And by whole chapter, we mean one(ish) page.
- "'If you find your life tangled up with somebody else's life for no very logical reasons,' writes Bokonon, 'that person may be a member of your karass.'" (2.1).
- And, um, yeah, that's a karass.
- Oh, the karass also ignores traditional boundaries like nation, occupation, and family.
- The chapter ends with a Calypso from the Book of Bokonon. A calypso is like a psalm from the Bible, only the beat is more pop and less pomp.
- This one talks about how so many people from so many different walks of life are all part of the "same device" (2.5).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...