Cat's Cradle Chapter 2 Summary
Nice, Nice Very Nice
- Wow, a whole chapter dedicated to giving information on the karass.
- And by whole chapter, we mean one(ish) page.
- "'If you find your life tangled up with somebody else's life for no very logical reasons,' writes Bokonon, 'that person may be a member of your karass.'" (2.1).
- And, um, yeah, that's a karass.
- Oh, the karass also ignores traditional boundaries like nation, occupation, and family.
- The chapter ends with a Calypso from the Book of Bokonon. A calypso is like a psalm from the Bible, only the beat is more pop and less pomp.
- This one talks about how so many people from so many different walks of life are all part of the "same device" (2.5).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search