Cat's Cradle Chapter 22 Summary
Member of the Yellow Press
- John is blown away and wonders if the stuff exists.
- Nope, says Dr. Breed. He just wanted to give John a taste of how Hoenikker's thought process worked.
- But John can't stop thinking about the swamp.
- If such a thing were introduced to any water source, John wonders, then wouldn't it eventually spread to all water sources across the world?
- Dr. Breed agrees they'd all freeze and the world would end. He calls John a member of the yellow press before ending the interview abruptly.
- Historical Happenings: Yellow Journalism is a type of journalism based on using sensationalized stories to sell newspapers. The term became popular during the Spanish American War when newspaper owners William Randolph Hearst and Joseph Pulitzer used melodrama and exaggerated headlines to sell newspapers.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...