by Kurt Vonnegut
Cat's Cradle Chapter 3 Summary
- Bokonon doesn't exactly warn against trying to discover the work of God, but he does say these investigations will prove pointless.
- John provides a Bokonon story too:
- Once Bokonon was supposed to build a doghouse for an elderly woman who claimed to understand God and his ways perfectly.
- When Bokonon tried to show her the blueprints, she said she couldn't read such things. Bokonon suggested she ask God to show her how, and she fired him.
- The moral of the story (if you can call it that): anyone who thinks they understand God, including Bokonon, is a fool.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...