by Kurt Vonnegut
Cat's Cradle Chapter 39 Summary
- John continues on to read an article—probably ghostwritten—by Frank Hoenikker.
- Frank drifted to San Lorenzo after his boat nearly sank in the Caribbean.
- When he washed ashore, he was immediately jailed on account that he had no passport.
- The essay doesn't mention it, but Frank does have with him a thermos with just a little something called ice-nine inside.
- "Papa" Monzano visits Frank and wants to know if he is the son of the famous Felix Hoenikker. When Frank says he is, the doors of opportunity—not to mention his jail cell—fly open.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...