by Kurt Vonnegut
Cat's Cradle Chapter 41 Summary
A Karass Built for Two
- The next chapter takes place on the plane bound for San Lorenzo.
- Get comfy, we'll be on this flight for a while.
- John sits next to Horlick and Claire Minton. These two are what Bokonon calls a duprass, "a karass composed of only two persons" (41.4). Horlick Minton is also the new American ambassador to San Lorenzo.
- John tries to hook the Mintons into a conversation, but the two just won't take the verbal bait.
- As a side note, John tells the reader that members of a duprass die within a week of each other. The Mintons must have broken the record because they died together in the very same second.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...