Cite This Page
Cat's Cradle Chapter 44 Summary Page 1
- John returns to his seat by the Mintons. They're still reading their book.
- The Mintons ask John who it was he was talking to. Guess they overheard Crosby mention to John that they were Communist sympathizers. Oh, awkward.
- John tells them, but Minton corrects Crosby's claim. He says he was fired for "pessimism" and that Communism was a non-issue.
- Then Claire corrects her husband's correction. She says she got him fired when she wrote a letter to the New York Times. The letter claimed "Americans couldn't imagine what it was like to be something else, to be something else and proud of it" (44.14).
- Wait, that's enough to get someone fired?