Cat's Cradle Chapter 51 Summary
- So, John goes to talk with Angela and Newt. Newt is drinking from a champagne glass with "elegant ease" (51.4), even though it's the size of a "fishbowl."
- Although John doesn't know it yet, Newt's luggage contains a thermos containing ice-nine.
- Hazel introduces Hoosier to Hoosier and reminds them to call her mom.
- They do.
- Angela treats Newt like a child. When she finds out Newt wrote John a letter, she argues that Newt couldn't have remembered anything from that day, plus he should have shown her the letter first.
- She also informs John that Dr. Breed warned her not to work with him.
- John tells her he probably won't finish, but Angela's only desire is that he make her father a saint in his book.
- John says he'll do what he can.
- Turns out, Newt and Angela are headed to San Lorenzo for Frank's wedding.
- Who's the lucky lady? Angela shows him a picture. It's none other than the love of John's life, Mona Aamons Monzano.
- And the soap opera ante is upped
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search