Cite This Page
Cat's Cradle Chapter 56 Summary Page 1
A Self-Supporting Squirrel Cage
- Back to the history book.
- When McCabe and Bokonon washed up on shore, they found the local islanders were even worse off than they were. They could, at the very least, read.
- The reason for the poverty was the Castle Sugar company. Well, it was one of the reasons at least.
- Castle Sugar attempted to set up a sugar cane operation on the island. Their method of working the islanders toggled between anarchy and feudalism.
- And neither approach evidently involved educating their workers.