Cite This Page
Cat's Cradle Chapter 76 Summary Page 1
Julian Castle Agrees with Newt that Everything Is Meaningless
- With a chapter title like that, you just know you're in for a treat.
- Julian spies Newt's painting and asks him if it's hell. Newt says it's whatever you want it to mean.
- So, hell then?
- Angela doesn't like the painting. She thinks it's ugly and that Newt should take lessons. Do we spy a big-sis of the year contender or what!
- Castle and Newt come to the consensus that the picture is about "the meaninglessness of it all" (76.13). Then Castle chucks it off the terrace.
- Newt doesn't say anything. Only Angela speaks, telling Newt that he has paint on his face and should go wash.