by Kurt Vonnegut
Cat's Cradle Chapter 77 Summary
Aspirin and Boko-maru
- John asks Julian how "Papa" is doing, but Julian doesn't have a clue. They aren't on speaking terms.
- At the House of Hope and Mercy in the Jungle hospital, Julian and his staff administer Bokononist last rites to anyone who wishes it.
- Since Julian is an American, he can do it minus a hook through his gut.
- Julian tells them a bit about the Bokononist last rites, including the part about feet.
- Julian believes he couldn't run his hospital without boko-maru or aspirin.
- Does that mean there are a lot of Bokononists on the island?
- Julian laughs. Seems everyone on the island is a Bokononist. So much for "the man" and his hook.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...