Cat's Cradle Chapter 84 Summary
- Frank still isn't home, so Angela, Newt, and John retire to the terrace while Julian heads back to the hospital.
- John asks Stanley to name all the buildings they see below them, including Fort Jesus. Why name a fort after Jesus Christ? Because why not.
- Then a convoy of soldiers arrives at Frank's residence. The soldiers get to work right away, digging foxholes. Their orders are to protect the next President.
- John informs them that Frank isn't in, but the officer states that his orders are to dig, so he's going to dig.
- Angela wonders if there is any real danger right when the power goes out. We believe the word "foreshadowing" is adequate here.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...