Cat's Cradle Chapter 87 Summary
The Cut of My Jib
- Frank has no interpersonal skills thanks to his childhood as Secret Agent X-9. So, everything he says is a long, drawn out string of clichés and old sayings. It's kind of hilarious. It's also kind of sad.
- He takes John into a natural cave in the cliffs. It's Mona's father's old workspace.
- Frank tells John just how much he likes him and how well they're going to hit it off—the fact that they aren't hitting it off kind of goes above Frank's head.
- He says he wants John to take a job on San Lorenzo that pays 100,000 dollars a year.
- Flabbergasted, John wonders what he'll have to do for that kind of income. Nothing illegal, right?
- Frank tells him he'll have to do practically nothing as the job is President of the Republic of San Lorenzo. Hope his resume's up-to-date.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...