Cite This Page
Cat's Cradle Chapter 88 Summary Page 1
Why Frank Couldn't Be President
- John is, rightfully, a little suspicious and says no thanks.
- Frank insists they'd work together, but all that means to John is that if one of them gets shot they'd both get shot.
- The comment confuses Frank. No one would shoot them as no one else on San Lorenzo wants to be president. It's against their religion.
- Then John comes to the crux of the matter. Why doesn't Frank want to be President?
- Frank says he knows what his limitations are, and "[t]hey're the same limitations [his] father had" (88.20).
- As you've probably guessed by now, those limitations come in the form of public relations.