Cat's Cradle Chapter 93 Summary
How I Almost Lost My Mona
- John finds talking to Mona much easier now and proclaims his love for her.
- He calls Frank a fool for letting Mona go, but Mona says Frank loves someone from Ilium—Jack's wife, by John's guess.
- John wonders if Mona performs boko-maru with anyone else. When Mona says she does, John gets green-eyed with jealousy.
- Mona says she makes people happy, but John doesn't want her playing footsies with anyone but him.
- Boom. That sets something off in Mona. She calls John a sin-wat, a person who wants all of another's love. It's a bad thing.
- John starts telling Mona who she can and can't see. A little advice: not exactly the way to start a steady relationship there, buddy.
- Mona refuses to marry him because he's a sin-wat.
- You go girl…we guess…?
- She leaves because John has no religion and does not respect hers. Thinking fast, John asks if he can become a Bokononist.
- Problem solved.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search