There's a certain Slant of light
There's a certain Slant of light Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- How does the form and syntax of this poem contribute to its meaning?
- How is the "Slant of light" an extended metaphor for the speaker's internal conflict?
- How would you describe the poem's mood? Does it appear to change at any point? If so, where?
- Why does the speaker include the paradox of a "Heavenly Hurt"? What's so important about that contradiction of words?
- How do all the dashes contribute to the poem's sound? Would it have sounded any different without them?