Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
by Roald Dahl
Augustus Gloop Timeline and Summary
- Augustus, that lucky duck, is the first kid to find a Golden Ticket. He eats so much chocolate, it was only a matter of time.
- Once they've all arrived at the factory, he's the first person to ask Mr. Wonka about his mysterious workers.
- But once they find out about the Oompa-Loompas, Augustus is too busy sneaking off to the chocolate river to hear their whole story.
- As expected, Augustus just can't help himself, and drinks from the chocolate river.
- He falls in – big surprise – and calls for help.
- It's too late. Augustus gets sucked up the big glass pipe, where he promptly gets stuck.
- Then, something gives and Augustus gets sucked all the way up the pipe, disappearing entirely until he reemerges in Chapter 29, having been squeezed thin by the pipe.