Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Chapter 14 Summary
Mr. Willy Wonka
- Mr. Willy Wonka is quite a sight. Beautiful clothes (including a purple tail coat and a top hat – curious!) and bright, twinkling eyes.
- After jerking around a bit, he finally breaks into a dance and welcomes everyone there, asking the children to introduce themselves to him.
- One by one, they do just that. And even the chatty Violet can't get a word in edgewise – Willy Wonka is shaking everyone's hands as hard and fast as he can and talking their ears off – even asking questions without giving time for an answer. Quite an exhausting man.
- All the children and their parents walk into the factory, which is kept warm for the mysterious workers. They find themselves in a long, beautiful corridor, and smell the most amazing smell on earth.
- Willy Wonka rushes all fourteen of them along, turning left and right and left and right (and so on – Roald Dahl doesn't spare us any directions), and finally downward, toward the underground rooms. There's not enough space above ground for all his rooms.
- They stop in front of a room that says "The Chocolate Room" (14.47). We're psyched.