Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Chapter 15 Summary
The Chocolate Room
- The Chocolate Room is beloved by Willy Wonka: it's the heart of his factory and it's beautiful, he says.
- And boy, is he right. In the room, there's a beautiful valley with a river running through it. Along the river, there is a marvelous waterfall, with dozens of glass pipes going into the river. And there are bushes and trees and flowers and – wait for it – it's all edible.
- Yep, you can eat every last drop of The Chocolate Room, from the river (made entirely of chocolate) to the grass (made of sugar). We're getting a sugar high just thinking about it.
- Not surprisingly, all of the children (and adults!) start eating everything in sight. And it's as delicious as it is beautiful.
- Suddenly, Veruca starts screaming and pointing toward a little man in the distance. Everyone looks and realizes that they are tiny men with long hair, and they are all laughing at the children.
- What on earth are these creatures? "They're Oompa-Loompas," explains Mr. Wonka (15.32). Of course they are.