Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Chapter 22 Summary
Along the Corridor
- Willy Wonka answers some questions from Charlie about Violet's fate and then proceeds to dodge even tougher questions from Mike Teavee.
- He brings the rest of the children and adults into another corridor, winding around the factory. Charlie and Grandpa Joe hold on tight to each other so they don't get lost.
- Mr. Wonka's in a rush and Charlie and his grandpa have to run to keep up. As they run, they see doors labeled with all sorts of things from lickable wallpaper to hot ice cream to cows that give off chocolate milk.
- The group gets a few short explanations for these things, but mostly Mr. Wonka avoids answering questions. Who needs to know what a snozzberry tastes like, anyway?
- The room that gets the most explanation is the one labeled "FIZZY LIFTING DRINKS" (22.26). Mr. Wonka says that these drinks make you float like a balloon and the only way to get down is by burping. One Oompa-Loompa got carried off forever when he drank it outside.
- Next up, a room of "SQUARE SWEETS THAT LOOK ROUND" (22.26).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...