Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Chapter 3 Summary
Mr. Wonka and the Indian Prince
- Now we get the story of Prince Pondicherry, told to Charlie by Grandpa Joe.
- So, Prince P lived in India and asked Willy Wonka to build him a palace out of chocolate. Naturally, Willy Wonka accepted the challenge, and the final product was quite a sight: And before you ask, yes, even the furniture was chocolate!
- Willy Wonka advised the Prince to eat his palace lest it melt first, but he didn't heed the warning. And sure enough, the castle melted right on top of the guy. Still delicious, but it was a lake now, instead of a castle.
- Charlie is super excited about this story, but isn't sure if he should believe it. A little healthy skepticism never hurt anyone.
- Suddenly, Grandpa Joe gets all serious and mentions how no one ever goes in or out of Wonka's Chocolate Factory, not even the workers.
- He seems to imply that he knows something about the not-so-ordinary people who work there, but Charlie's mom tells him it's time for bed.
- Grandpa Joe promises to finish the story the next night.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...