Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Chapter 7 Summary
- Charlie goes into his grandparents' room the next morning to open his birthday chocolate bar.
- Everyone is really nervous and excited for him, but they try to hide it – they don't want Charlie to be disappointed if he doesn't find it. Worst-case scenario, he still has his bar of chocolate.
- After some hesitation, Charlie opens the chocolate bar and... nothing.
- He's clearly a little disappointed (so is his family, but they're better at hiding it).
- Our little Charlie is such a sweet boy that he offers to share the chocolate with his family, but none of them will take any of it: they want him to have it all.
- And then it's time for school. Boo.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...