Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
by Roald Dahl
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Chapter 8 Summary
Two More Golden Tickets Found
- The day of Charlie's birthday, two more Golden Tickets are found. Mr. Bucket reads from the newspaper the information about the children who found them.
- First is a certain Violet Beauregarde. She is a fast-talking, gum-chewing girl who rags on her mom and can't stop bragging about her record-breaking gum-chewing (the piece she has now, she's been chewing for over three months).
- We'll give you one guess if Charlie's family likes this girl. You got it – they don't.
- The fourth ticket was found by a boy named Mike Teavee, who wears toy pistols all over him and can't stop watching television, except to talk about how much he loves television.
- Surprise, surprise, Charlie's family is appalled by this boy, too, and they shudder to think that the last ticket will be found by someone just as despicable as the others.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...