Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
by Roald Dahl
Mr. and Mrs. Beauregarde Timeline and Summary
- When we're introduced to Violet Beauregarde, we also briefly meet her mother, who is shushed by Violet.
- During the factory tour, the Beauregardes don't do much until Violet decides she wants to chew the gum meal.
- Mrs. Beauregarde weakly warns her daughter not to do anything silly.
- After Violet chews the gum anyway, Mr. Beauregarde cheers her on.
- When Violet starts to turn blue and inflate, the Beauregardes freak out.
- Then they follow their daughter as the Oompa-Loompas roll her off to the Juicing Room, where they hope she'll be cured.